Sunday 10 August 2014

5/31 A Special Memory

Isn't it funny how memories determined themselves as important or special. You don't ask for this to happen but something just glues them to your brain. Same with sad or bad memories I suppose.

A special memory for me is when I brought Elli home from hospital after her birth.

 

Secretly, I had known that she was going to be a girl but I didn't discuss this thought with even Kev, I didn't want to jinx it. I did want a girl you see. Who doesn't when they already have a boy? (If you have two boys you must admit that somewhere down in the bottom left hand corner of your heart there was a little hope of a girl?)

When she was born and I was told what the sex was, I don't think it registered. It wasn't until a few weeks later when I was holding her in my arms in her nursery whe the love and realisation washed over me. It was dark and the moonlight was peeping through the curtains creating a glow on her chubby face. I remember saying over and over again, "you are a girl".

And what a little angel face you were!

 

 

1 comment:

Lynne Gilbert said...

That's brought a tear to my eye Nina. Beautiful memory. Xxx